The CDH dance team made history this weekend at their section finals at Faribault High School. Placing 4th in both kick and jazz, the CDH Dance Team made farther than ever before! Although they did not progress to state (the top three teams from the section go to state) they are officially a threat to the top competitors in their section and conference! Special shout out to Olivia Amann '20, Sophia Tambornino '20, and Winnie Do '20 on an incredible final season!
KICK (video above)
- Our technique of kicks and difficulty of choreo scores were only 2 points from 3rd place team.
- We placed 4th out of 13 teams, again beating both South St. Paul and Albert Lea!
- Our final score of 546 was another high score for our routine at sections.
- We increased our placement by 3 compared to last year (placed 7th last year at sections!)
JAZZ (video below)
- We beat the first-place team in Creativity, we were 1 point from them in difficulty of transitions/formations, and 2 points from them in Technique of turns, difficulty of choreography, and placement and control.
- We were even closer in those categories to 3rd and 2nd placement teams.
- We scored 549 points, which is 48 points higher than our section jazz score last year.
- 3 Judges ranked us in 3rd place
- 1 Judge ranked us in 2nd place!
- We placed 4th out of 13 teams, beating both South St. Paul and Albert Lea who have gone to state in the past.
- We increased our placement by 2 compared to last year (placed 6th last year at sections).