Frannie Hottinger '19 has recently received several recognitions for her hard work on the basketball court, including a nomination for Ms. Basketball 2019. She is also the CDH Athena Award Recipient, making her a finalist for the St. Paul Area Athena Award, which honors girls for their athletic achievement. Both of these will be announced in April.
She has received many other recognitions as an athlete and a student during her time at CDH, including the following:
As a basketball player
- Lettered four times.
- Received one all-state award, one honorable mention, and three all-conference awards.
- All-time leading scorer at Cretin-Derham Hall (CDH) with 1,881 points to date.
- Single game scoring record at CDH for both boys and girls with 51 points.
- Team captain 2018-19.
- Section Championship team member 2018.
- State consolation team member 2018.
- MSHSL All-tournament team 2018.
- MSHSL All-State Honorable Mention team.
- Voted CDH Rookie of the year 2016.
- Voted CDH MVP 2017.
- Metro East Player of the year finalist 2018.
- Star Tribune all-state second team 2018.
- Star Tribune Prep athlete of the week 2019
- Second highest scorer in the state of MN 2018-19 season.
- Finalist for Ms. Basketball 2019.
- CDH's nominee for the Athena Award.
As a soccer player
Lettered four times.
- Received two honorable mentions.
- Voted Team captain 2018
- Voted most improved player 2016
As a student
In addition, Hottinger has been an avid volunteer and participant in the CDH community throughout her time as a student.
After graduation, she will attend Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania on a full-ride scholarship. She will play Division I basketball and focus her studies on business and the social sciences.